The Waterpik Ultra Water Flosser is the easy and more effective way to floss. It’s perfect for anyone with braces, implants, crowns, bridges, or periodontal pockets.
- Remove the reservoir from the base and fill with lukewarm water.
- Press the tip firmly into the handle until fully locked into place. Unless you’ve been instructed to do otherwise, please use the Classic Jet Tip (general use).
- For first-time users, start at the lowest setting on the dial and about once a week increment up one number until you reach a comfortable level of pressure.
- ALWAYS place the tip in your mouth before turning the unit on.
- Lean over your sink and close your lips just enough to allow the water to flow out without splashing.
- Aim the tip just above the gumline at a 90 degree angle.
- Starting on your back teeth, follow your gumline and pause briefly in between teeth.
- Continue around all the teeth front surface and back until entire mouth has been covered.
- To change the tip, just push the eject button on the handle.
- This unit is designed to take medicaments. You may add a capful of an antiseptic such as Listerine to the water reservoir. Please run a small amount of clear water through the line when you are done to ensure that the line does not build up residue. That will maximize the lifetime of the unit.