In the morning
- Remove your nightguard from your mouth and rinse it out with cold water. Do not use hot/warm water. Your nightguard is temperature-sensitive.
- Place your nightguard in a glass cup with cold water. DO NOT USE DENTURE TABLETS. Set aside.
Before going to bed
- Rinse out your mouth, brush, and floss.
- Take your nightguard out of the glass cup.
- Clean your nightguard by rinsing with cold water. If there is any debris, just brush off with a wet, extra soft toothbrush.
- Rinse with cold water. Place snugly inside your mouth before going to bed.
- When traveling, always keep the nightguard in a ZipLok bag with about 5 cc (1 tbsp) of cold water. This helps keep moisture in your nightguard.
- Never leave your nightguard to dry out. If it isn’t in your mouth, it should be in cold water.
- Never leave it in a car especially on hot summer days.
- Be careful of pets. They love chewing on nightguards.
- Bring your nightguard with you during your regular hygiene appointments. We will professionally clean it for you.
- If your nightguard feels tight, run under warm water for ten seconds and then place into your mouth.